I wanted to add this to my blog because of how important it was to me while writing it. In EDUC 402, we were tasked to write a poem about where we come from using the template that is inspired by George Ella Lyon’s original poem. The template made it more accessible for those who aren’t avid poetry writers and gave us all a place to start. I really enjoyed writing mine, as I was able to reminisce on so many memories of the past with my family, and also just spend time actively thinking about them. I’ve lost three of my four grandparents, and thought I think about them often, I don’t often get to speak about them. They are some of the most amazing people I’d ever known, and it meant a lot to be able to share this with others and talk about the people who made me who I am. I think reflecting on this during block 4 was extremely important for my teacher education journey. We are made up of the people who inspire us and where we come from. Cultivating experiences and creating memories could be something that a future student thinks back on 20 years later. We may never know how much we mean to people, but we should always do everything we can to make an impact.